Dr. Mohamed Karbal-Best Lawyer In Libya
New York and Washington D.C. Attorney, Libyan lawyer and Expert on the laws of Libya & Middle East
Dr. Karbal is an arbitrator and attorney licensed to practice law in New York, Washington D.C., and Libya. He is the founder and Managing Partner of Karbal & Co, a leading Libyan law firm with offices in Washington D.C., Libya and Istanbul, Turkey. Dr. Karbal also founded Karbal & Co Risk Consultancy, a legal & risk management consultancy with offices in Malta offering risk consultancy services on the laws of Libya.
Dr. Karbal addresses the National Council on US Arab Relations in Washington D.C. 2017 on the current Libyan Situation.
Experience – As Libyan Attorney
With over 40 years of experience, Dr. Karbal has practiced law in both the public and private domain in areas with a specialty in human rights issues in Libya, oil & gas, maritime, transportation, legal advisery services and international trade. As a Libyan lawyer, Dr. Karbal frequently serves as an expert witness on Libyan laws in the United States of America and the United Kingdom.Expert legal witness on Libyan law before courts and arbitration centers in Western jurisdictions.
The experience includes:
- Dr. Mohamed Karbal, served as an expert legal witness on Libyan law for Abdul Hakim Belhadj for the case Belhadj and another V. Straw and Others;
- Dr. Mohamed Karbal served as expert witness on laws of libya for Tekfen-TML Joint Venture v. Man-made River
- Advised on multiple cases involving bilateral investment treaty disputes which were tried before the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France and Geneva, Switzerland where the value of each case exceeded USD 300 million;
- Served as expert legal witness on Libyan maritime(shipping) law before the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York.
Legislation drafting – Legal Lawyer Tripoli
Dr. Karbal has extensive experience in drafting legislation in the UAE, including “Waterways Management Regulations for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi” in order to comply with international standards, transportation laws and health care laws of Abu Dhabi
Legal advice – Libyan Lawyer
Legal Advisery Services on the laws of libya:
- Advises national oil companies in multiple jurisdictions on the laws of oil& gas and shipping matters relating to Libyan and UAE law
- Advised on high profile arrests of ships in Libyan waters
Arbitration – Licensed Legal Practitioner
- Dr. Karbal serves as a sole arbitrator for construction claims which was held before Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation & Arbitration Center (ADCCA).
Client Testimonials – Libyan Maritime Lawyer
“I was fortunate to work with [Dr. Karbal] (using him as an expert witness on matters of Libyan law) in a large maritime case in Federal Court in New York. Dr. Karbal is a pleasure to work with; he is intelligent, diligent and thoughtful. His knowledge and understanding of Libyan law and maritime matters is impressive, and his analysis of the issues we dealt with in that context was thorough and insightful. . . Finally, I have found Dr. Karbal to be of the highest moral character on laws of libya.”
“We engaged Dr. Karbal as an expert witness on Libyan maritime law and practice. He was pleasant to work with, gave prompt and incisive advice, and stood up well to hours of aggressive questioning at deposition. We would not hesitate to engage him again if the need arises.”
- Arrest of Ships in Libyan Law ‘s Accordance -Shipping AttorneyArrest of Ships in Accordance with Libyan Law-By Dr. Karbal (Maritime Lawyer) Libyan Seaports- Maritime Lawyer (Shipping attorney) Despite the current security problems, the Libyan government due to its efforts to rebuild the New Libya, has situated the nation at the apex of a widely-anticipated economic boom of development in all sectors. Prior to theContinue reading “Arrest of Ships in Libyan Law ‘s Accordance -Shipping Attorney”
- Libya’s new Financial Regulatory Agency- Dr. Karbal libyan lawyerLibya’s new Financial Regulatory Agency: Can it boost trading on the Libyan Stock Market? By Dr. Mohamed Karbal, Managing Partner at Karbal & Co, and Nabilah Karbal, Associate at Karbal & Co Libya’s aim to diversify its economic activity by strengthening its financial sector and encouraging investments may prove a success, as the creation ofContinue reading “Libya’s new Financial Regulatory Agency- Dr. Karbal libyan lawyer”
- Libyan Construction Law:Contractor Liabilities-Laws of Libya by Dr.KarbalLibyan Construction Law: Contractor Liabilities by Dr.Mohamed karbal (Law Firms Libya) Libyan Construction Law By Dr. Mohamed Karbal experienced libyan Lawyer:- Prior to the upheaval of the February 2011 revolution, Libya was already contending with various economic problems. Forty years of the Gaddafi regime’s irrational strategic planning and an apathetic mindset left Libya among theContinue reading “Libyan Construction Law:Contractor Liabilities-Laws of Libya by Dr.Karbal”